Thursday, May 6, 2010

a french affair

hello....happy may!

i must admit my mind is elsewhere this week. my heart is heavy with sorrow for the loss of a little girl this time last year. this morning was especially difficult as i watched her classmates, and my son, give her a very touching tribute....their tiny hands clutching lighted candles in her honor. it was too difficult to hold back my tears....i wept as though her passing was only yesterday. this is the problem with becoming a parent, there is so much love in our hearts that sometimes we can't help exploding. luckily for me, husband is much more emotionally balanced. he took our sadness, and is turning it into good-ness for our son's school. check out seebluegrasschadrun.blogspot.com. we will never forget you mk!

with that said, nothing cheers my spirit more than watching children play. so come join me this saturday at the portland french school's en plein air - french market. it is always a care-free event with super yummy french crepes, live music, and more!!
....oh, & the weather report is 68˚, mostly sunny!! a perfect day to come out and play.

may 8, 2010
10am - 5pm

6318 SW Corbett Ave
Portland, OR 97239

2 comments:

PK Studios said...

Hi! I just found you on Tegan's blog. I love your tees!!! I have a dear friend who lives in Portland...and her kids go to the French School. Maybe you know her? Jessica Helgerson.... her kids Max and Penelope Doulis? Cheers, Penny

B Hive Designs said...

hi penny....so glad you found me through tegan's blog. she's been one of my best friends since we were wee ones :) unfortunately, i do not know your friends, but they are lucky to attend such a great little school. thanks for the props on my tees!!