Wednesday, December 8, 2010

a little decorating....and a lot of work

it has been difficult juggling the balls of my life these past few weeks. i have been crazy busy in the b hive, i still have two small children to feed and clothe every day, get to school, get to after school sports, help with homework, animals to care for, a husband to kiss now and then, and a part-time job three days a week....not to mention all of the christmas decorating. i managed to drag a very LARGE tree back to my house last week....and i really mean drag. once i got the large forest specimen back to my house i was a little shocked by how heavy it was. needless to say it was pouring rain and husband was out of town so i was on my own with the tree. i was just praying that none of the neighbors were looking out of their window as i struggled to get it up our driveway. by the time i got it into the backyard i was covered in mud, my shoes were destroyed, and my hair was full of pine needles. i was a mess....but one week later i am happy that i took the time to get our tree when i did. even though the tree is a wee bit big for our house (there is only one inch to spare between the star and the ceiling), it is so lovely and festive with it's twinkly lights at night......p.s. that's my murphy dog resting his head near the tree :)

i love creating little christmas vignettes throughout the house. this year i took a little extra time out of my busy life to create a few new items for my mantle. a couple of months ago i found a large birch branch down by the river, and i knew i had to have it. i wasn't quite sure what i would do with it, but i took it home anyway....much to husband's dismay (he's afraid i'm a hoarder). yesterday, i put my beautiful white branch to good use, and i created the most beautiful little candle holders that i've ever seen. i was so excited about how they turned out that i think i went a little overboard with the self-praise....husband teased me and said i should enter a mantle decorating contest. well anyway i love my little creation, and i wanted to share it with you.




i hope you're enjoying you're own holiday traditions as much as i am enjoying mine!!

3 comments:

Amy Olson Jewelry said...

Barbara, your mantle is gorgeous and you are so creative! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Stunning! I love it and just tweeted it! ;) Good job Barbara! xo

B Hive Designs said...

i knew you ladies would like this :)....thanks for the compliment!