Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Elusive Cherry Blossom

Do you ever have one of those days, when you just can't seem to do anything right? Well, it seems like I have been having one of those days, every day this week. I think it is a symptom of having too much to do. Granted, it's my own fault that I have too much to do, but it is also just "that time of the year". The holiday season puts us all on edge a little, doesn't it? Or maybe it's just me. I am worried about having enough product to sell, I'm worried about selling enough product, I'm worried about spending enough time with my children & husband, I'm worried about finding the perfect gift for my children & husband, I'm worried about getting my kids to school/daycare on time with healthy lunches packed for the day, and I'm worried about not looking like a total wreck every day while I try to juggle the rest of my worries.

Maybe I'm just thinking about my worries too much, I don't know. But one thing I do know is that in the midst of my fury to print enough product to sell, I managed to completely destroy my cherry blossom screen.....and splatter white ink all over my studio at the same time! Since I started printing my cherry blossom design, I have not been able to keep this particular color combination in stock. There is something about this blue shirt with white blossoms that everyone seems to like. Every time I have printed this specific shirt, it has sold out. Which is why it has never actually been listed for sale on my website......hence, the elusive cherry blossom.

I really can't imagine having enough time to create a new cherry blossom screen prior to Christmas, so if you are lucky enough to live in Portland Oregon there is still one last chance to buy this shirt. I just delivered an order to my favorite shoe store in town, Switch Shoes in Multnomah Village. The lovely ladies of Switch just happen to be throwing a party on Thursday (12/11) from 6pm to 11pm. They have some amazing deals on shoes up to 70% off, a DJ, plus they'll be serving champagne and goodies! So check it out, and scoop up a cherry blossom shirt before they are all gone.

No comments: